Baumatic BDW13 Overfilled "E4" Error

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, can anyone help with this. I have a relatively new Baumatic BDW13 dishwasher that has stopped working properly and just gives the error message "E4". The user manual says the cause of it is:

Too much inlet water.
*NOTE * - THERE ARE
NUMEROUS CAUSES OF AN ‘E4’
MESSAGE. REFER TO
APPLIANCE USAGE SECTION
OF THIS MANUAL FOR
GUIDELINES ON HOW TO
PREVENT AN OVERFILL.

and the solution is just:

Overdosing. 3-in-1 put in
with salt and/or rinse aid in
the appliance =overdose.
Could also be a Water
Pressure problem.

The water pressure certainly isn't much above or below what it normally is , but my wife did put some soda crystals in with the dishwasher tablet, and so she may have overfilled it. There's no water standing in the bottom of the dishwasher or anything, but I can't seem to get the E4 error to go away. Can anyone help, please. Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Not to worry - I turned it on it's side for a few minutes, and after a lot of water drained out it works fine.

Foamed up and flooded the base. (Under the cavity). If you get the E4 again I'd suggest tipping it backwards about 45 degrees to drain the base. Lying it on it's side can upset the water management system.
If you're using 3 in 1 tablets do not put rinse aid into the machine as this can cause overfoaming. Don't put soda crystals, bleach or washing up liquid in it as this also causes overfoaming.

Unplug your appliance before working on it.

Sponsored Links
I have a mouldy smelley w/s and have tried flushing without success
[10]times using..90d wash ,soapey wash,hot & cold wash with,soada,etc ,
ive not tried bleach yet,im going to try bleach next,then if no success ,ill
try lemon juice,then ill try fitting another trapp,
watch this space!! for my results
old don.
ferther to this above done all of the above and a very emty hot wash seems to have cured smell,march 2008
dw

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back