Kenwood Dishwasher KDW45W16 Error Code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Recently encountered the error code E3 on my Kenwood slimline dishwasher. After a bit of research discovered that this error code is most commonly to do with the heating element being unable to heat the water to the correct temperature. When this error code appeared it was accompanied by a pretty intense smell of burning plastic and/or electrical smell. It was of course immediately switched off at the wall and left to its own devices.

I decided to open the bottom of the unit this morning to check that the faulty part matched the one I was about to order to replace it to find the internal workings in certain areas are absolutely caked with salt build-up. The part that is faulty based on the code was clean but much of the base and area surrounding the drainage was covered in crystallized salt (no sign of any leaking or water though). I'm assuming this isn't normal, could the salt have caused the burning smell and an incorrect error code and further damage? (i know salt and electrics don't mix, to say the least).

This is the first time I've had to try to repair a dishwasher, am I wasting my time and money? There seems to be a shortage of dishwasher repair services in my city and I'm wondering if its because I'm a mug for trying to fix it :unsure:

Sponsored Links
there shouldnt be any salt, so appears there may be a slight leak somewhere.

the burning smell would have been the element giving up the ghost

Please throw this dishwasher away. Ours had this error code before and ours caught on fire Wednesday night. Our 1 year old and 3 year old were in bed, and the dog and the cats. The only door to the house is in the kitchen. The dishwasher was on flames inside with an electrical fire. Waiting for a proper response from Curry’s.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back