E3 error on Kenwood KDW45W16

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our Kenwood KDW45W16 slimline freestanding dishwasher has stopped washing dishes. The cycle (no matter which is selected) runs for a period of time and then stops with the error E3. The dishes do not appear to be washed at all, however, the detergent block has been released and is partially dissolved suggesting some water.

The E3 error has shown a few times in the past but in those cases, the dishes had been washed. Unhelpfully, the manual only shows details of errors E1 and E4 and does not trouble itself with explaining E2 or, pertinently, E3.

Having Googled the dishwasher model and error code E3, I've discovered that this error most likely means that the unit was unable to heat the water to the required temperature. The internet also suggests something to do with a thermal fuse or safety device, although on a different model. I've also heard that the temperature sensor could need cleaning or replacing, perhaps due to using ECO cycles and not hot washes. Cleaning the sensor feels like the first thing to try but I'm not sure where to find it?

I'm hoping for some suggestions of things I can try myself as I would like to avoid calling out a technician if I can.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back