baxi 105 e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Baxi 105 e three years old

Had a leak at a radiator replaced bleed valve.
had a weep drip but system still lost pressure topping up once a week.

Weep stopped over time, system running at 1.5 to 2

Pressure valve blew venting outside and no pressure

refilled system but a continuous drip from outside pipe (prv outlet I suppose)

Continuous drip now looses pressure over about 30 mins to 0 bar on guage.

Is there a reset for the prv or should it be replaced is it a diy job as no gas invoved what is the procedure or should I just phone the heating engineer. Competent mechanic /plumber/diy guy.

Sponsored Links
there's no reset however it's likely that there's dirt on the seat/washer of the prv. you can try stripping the prv down and cleaning it prior to replacing but a replacement isn't that expensive they're just awkward to get at to remove (super baxi does it again)
i see no reason why you can't attempt it yourself if you have the necessary tools. you can even use the prv to drain the boiler seeing as it's already dripping. ordinarily you would use the little white drain off to the right of the prv.........never disturb a non-drippy prv if you can help it!! just be sure you get all the water out and have a towel handy to cover the electric panel (which should be switched off)in case you get water on it.

thanks for help, will go search for a valve,if ive got to strip it might as well put in a new one

chasmac

Sponsored Links
your prv will have "blown" for a reason so you may need furthur investigation after fitting a new one. you have to fix the cause as well as the problem. when you repressurised your system after fitting a new radiator did you turn off the filling valve fully. if you did when you refill it again disconnect the hose and dry the inside of the fill valve with some tissue give it a few minutes and watch to see if it drips. it could be that the valve is letting by and slowly pressurising the system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back