Baxi 105e Flue/Fan Light - Before I replace the PCB...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I know this has been asked before, but previous posts weren't exactly the same as mine, so I thought I'd ask before I replace the PCB.

I have a Baxi 105e boiler which has developed the flue/fan error light when hot water is demanded. It fires up ok at first and the fan is spinning, but the burn doesn't seem clean and sounds like a faint splutter. After a short while the boiler turns itself off and shows the fan/flue light. When spinning the fan doesn't sound particularly fluid in its spin, but I can't definately say thats a symptom as I couldn't say what it sounded like before the fault.

The flue is clear, but I haven't removed/cleaned the fan etc yet. The boiler is in an attached garage with a tumble dryer near it so it might have caused a blocked with fluff etc.

Can anyone suggest the next logical action?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
The known fault of a PCB causing fan/flue flash code is where the fan DOESN'T run but the PCB thinks it is. I'd be checking xxxxxxxxxxxx.... Don't change the PCB.

Obviously you'll need an RGI to do this if you're not one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back