Baxi 105E losing pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Baxi 105e losing pressure constantly - and having to top up the pressure 2-3 times a day.
No water leakage from the outside overspill pipe, bled all the radiators - no air coming out of them
any advice welcomed !

Sponsored Links
Try this.

Top up to 2 bar.

Close flow and return isolating valves.(dont use the boiler whilst doing this test.Best to turn off.)

If pressure still drops then it is a problem on boiler.If it doesnt drop then there is a leak on the pipework somewhere.

Could be exp vessel.

Graham

Sponsored Links
Where can i locate these ? 'Close flow and return isolating valves'

there is no leakage from the overflow pipes

underneath the boiler the first and last pipes they are at the top

be warned they also have a habit of leaking ;)

linky if the ex v was iffy it would be passing through the prv ;)

Hi I had the same problem, eventually the PCB packed in, expensive replacement, still not sure what caused the pressure drop but urgent research is needed before more serious damage is caused.
PS, when the PCB was replaced all was OK,So was it the PCB in the first place at fault? Mystery to me and the engineers.
Regards
K

Hi I had the same problem, eventually the PCB packed in, expensive replacement, still not sure what caused the pressure drop but urgent research is needed before more serious damage is caused.
PS, when the PCB was replaced all was OK,So was it the PCB in the first place at fault? Mystery to me and the engineers.
Regards
K

WTF...how can a pcb cause a preasure problem...

ok as said above. with the system COLD top up to 2 bar, isolate the boiler from the system by turning the left and right hand isolators underneath the boiler. leave for a few hours and dont use the boiler. if the preasure has dropped its the boilers fault, if the preasure hasnt dropped open the isolators. if the preasure drops after opening the isolators its a leak on the system

are you sure its the 105E you have and not the 105HE, as it could be a split in the secondary heat exchanger coil...

hope this helps

Kev

Only mentioned the ex v as I have the same boiler.When i moved in a few years ago had the same problem with pressure.Changed exv and everything was tickedty boo.

Graham

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back