Baxi 105e - Power led not lit - Boiler not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Got up this morning and it was very cold - couldnt hear the boiler and checked the raidiators and all cold - not good, wandered why as it was fine yesterday tea time.

Went up and checked the boiler and no Leds lit inc Power led - i presumed no power so reset the boiler, no joy, flicked the power swtich on and off, no joy, then even replaced the external fuse - still nothing. So out of idea's (not that i have many mind!)

Falling short of dismantling a boiler (i know nothing about) or get somebody in (which finding time to do is a big a problem as the cost) im struggling, so any help or pointers would be great as google is not my friend with this.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
There is a fuse on terminal strip of boiler but this blows because of a fault usually pump or fan, Best get BG out on fixed price repair at 130/160 quid parts included.

thanks for the quick response, how certain are you on this? would a local tradesman be any cheaper or do you think its time to get myself into a service contract?

thanks for the quick response, how certain are you on this? would a local tradesman be any cheaper or do you think its time to get myself into a service contract?

just try changing the fuse first yea never know could just have been a power surge and its blown a fuse, or have a look at the glass fuse on the pcb cost 30p

Sponsored Links
The problem comes when you change the fuse and if it goes again. If the internal fuse on the boiler PCB has blown one of the 240V components will have shorted. This is often due to water ingress into somewhere it shouldnt be

if the pcb fuses are ok and it still blows the mains fuse get yea sin a multimeter and do the conti checks on fan, pump.

thanks guys - going to check the glass fuse and have a greater look into it before i call somebody out. will try all solutions when i get home and will update then

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back