Baxi105 diaphragm change and will not fire up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a baxi combi 105e, I had a small leak at the the end of the pin and after reading some post I decide to replace the diaphragm, washer, o-ring and nut which come with the repair kit.

Followed all instructions, turn on cold water valve and leak fixed. Then Turned on power. However it will now not fire up the green neon on switch is lit. I tryed to reset R it but no joy. None of the fault lights are lit only the green on light.

However After 10 min tried to reset again this time it fired up, yippee. But this morning the heating did not come on via the usual timer and no hot water. Only the on green light is lit. Tryed to reset again but nothing happened.

Before I call a plumber any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Is the pin coming out & actuating the micro switch, also check that the micro switch housing is dry, if you have had a leak from the gland they can fill with water.

Thank you for your reply. When I turn on the hot water the pin comes out and activates the micro switch and the micro switch housing is dry.

Any more ideas?

This is one of the reasons that I dont recommend DIY repairs because if anything goes then its quite likely they will be stuck.

Similarly anyone bold enough to try these DIY should do it early in the week so that professional help can be more easily obtained on weekdays!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thank you for your advice which I will fully take on board. You are right. My boldness comes from Mechanical Engineering background and I new this repair was not gas related.

The boiler did fail to light last Saturday and I reset it, this happened 4 times over 8 hours. Then no problems all week, however this instigated me to repair the leaking gland. In hind sight I should of just lived with the leak until the summer.

I am sure my DIY diaphragm repair was sound and this is another issue which was lingering and the power off and on has aggravated a faulty device.

Happy days.

For closure of this post.

The fault was the PCB board, I must of got a drop of water in the compartment whilst changing the diaphragm. Therefore if any of you DIY 's are going to repair a leak, fully tape up the pcb compartment with a plastic bag or similar.

Happy fault finding and fixing. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back