baxi 105e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi the above boiler has a problem in when turning the h/w on the c/h on the diverter valve kicks in as well even wheh the switch is set to h/w only i have cleaned everything i.e phe diverter valve out even the brass manifolds as well and its all clear any one any ideas

Sponsored Links
Do you mean....when you run for hot water...the rads get warm? even though the boiler is set for hw only?

The push rods and valve components inside the diverter valve are sticking and siezed therefore not allowing the ch port to close when on for hot water.
The whole valve requires an overhaul and this can be done with the valve in situ Depends on how confident you are.I have never replaced a complete valve and always overhaul them. This may help. View media item 30316 View media item 31064 Although it says Alpha it is the same valve.

Sponsored Links
thanks i am pretty confident and will give it a go thanks for your help

can you tell me whats in this seal kit im being told its about £60

thanks

It contains everything to repair / overhaul the diverter section. Seals, valves, springs etc. Cheaper than a complete valve, but it is not a simple job for a diyer. The DHW differential valve uses another kit.
The main part to change is the stuffing box and push rod located just behind the diff valve. Lubricate all parts with silicone grease provided in the kit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back