baxi 105he not firing up help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler will not ignite for ch an dhw??? i have checked the dhw diaphragm cleaned the the pin i have checked the solonoid/microswitch independently of this and the boiler fires up like it shoulfd only no flames same with the ch, i'm not getting any flashing faults pls help.

Sponsored Links
What solenoid have you checked?

You say the boiler fires up when you make the microswitch, but with no flames? Doesn't really make sense... What do you mean?

Is the mains power light on the facia on? Does the relevant demand light come on when you turn on a tap or the heating?

Thanks for replying, i have the green power light on the hot water light on and sometimes the ch light on, i think i probably meant microswitch, the one that the pin from the dhw diaphragm hits when hw is called for. if i doo a reset and call for hotwater or heating everythig fires up like it should but without the flames, then after five minutes i get the red flashing flame faliure/blocked condensate drain ( i do not have a blocked condensate drain)

crap english sorry!! the boiler sounds like it would normally do when it's running, only there is no gas being ignited, it is not even clicking like it is trying to ignite.

Sponsored Links
I've noticed that the ch led is not coming on at all now when i call for it.

then after five minutes i get the red flashing flame faliure/blocked condensate drain

If it is flashing then you have niether ignition lockout or a blocked condensate drain
how fast is it flashing?

edit ignore,i'm thinking of a different model (100 HE) :oops:

Matt

I have had the boiler swithched on for fifteen minutes now. I have the operational led for the power which is stable, i have the green tap led flashing when i turn a hot tap on or turn the preheat on. I have had the stat turned up to ask for ch, but i'm getting no operational green led for this. I am getting no fault lights now (apart from ones in my brain, my head hurts and i've wasted this lovely day :cry: :cry: )

I have had the boiler swithched on for fifteen minutes now. I have the operational led for the power which is stable, i have the green tap led flashing when i turn a hot tap on or turn the preheat on. I have had the stat turned up to ask for ch, but i'm getting no operational green led for this. I am getting no fault lights now (apart from ones in my brain, my head hurts and i've wasted this lovely day :cry: :cry: )

Let me get this right, Preheat, So you have an instant then?
Well maybe you should have stated this first (dont mean to sound as it reads) as this boiler is a completely different animal to the normal 105 (without Pre Heat).
You my friend have a blocked divertor valve i beleive.
When you run the hot water does the temp shoot right up to 80 and start to kettle?
Turn off the cold water under boiler and drain your hot, fully undo the HW Diaphram housing (not the diaphram itself).
Behind the brass housing will be another pin is it flush with its housing or does it stand proud?
Still dont understand why no CH though :?:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back