Baxi 133 noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there im a gas installer ,have a prob on a baxi 133 he plus ,when the hot water is ran after a while once the boiler is starting to get upto a hot temperature it starts making a screeching noise , figure it may be the diverter valve and them o rings again, or poss the pump not circulating enough ,this prob only occurs on hot water heating works fine , water gets hot just the noise starts ,any u guys out there ever come across this one before,dont really want to start changing part after part till i suss it any input will be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
First thought is heat exchanger.

Can you describe the noise any better?

Noise just starts to get to a screech noise after hot water gets to quite a hot temp ,subsides if u turn down the thermostat therefore the burner cuts down,not sure if it would be heat ex as water is a constant heat not on and off all the time hetaing works fine,u ever had this prob?
its sounds a bit like what u get from the 105e instant off the diverter valve althoug screech isnt as high pitch if u put your ear to flow pipe it almost sounds like it is from there could just be transmitting through pipework though,any ideas baxpoti

Old Vokeras (Excel I think) used to make a similar noise which was from the auto bypass,some washer or something in the valve.

Sponsored Links
I'd still go with main heat exchanger.
A cheaper option than throwing parts at it, is to try some water softening chemicals, Sentinel X200 or Fernox boiler silencer, give them a few days to work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back