Baxi 33 - no hot water but CH working fine.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On a Baxi duo tec 33 boiler. I pulled up a site search but couldn't find anything else with the exact same problem.

The heating works fine but there is no hot water at all. All the lights illuminate as normal and there are no error codes at all.

I thought a pipe had burst at first but when your close to the boiler, you can what sounds like water going through the system. The pump appears to be working fine and it's no longer under warranty as it was installed in 2010.

The hot water pipe coming out of the boiler feels hot.

Any ideas please?

Sponsored Links
So when you run a hot tap the boiler fires, the display light on boiler next to tap symbol lights up and the flame display light comes on too?

You say the hot water pipe from boiler is getting hot but not hot at the tap?

Is it a mixer tap by any chance?

The sound of water going through the system and hissing made me think at first it was a leaking pipe, so I turned the water supply off at the main inside stopcock.

It was only when I realised there was no hot water coming out of any of the usual taps (when I turned the supply back on and no, not mixers) that there was a problem. When I turned the supply back on it fired up as normal illuminating the hot water light, boiler fired up but it would still make a hissing noise along with the sound of water going through the system even though the hot water was not turned on at any of the taps. There is no hot water, in fact no water getting to the taps although the hot water pipe coming out of the boiler is hot.

I've turned off the water feed to the boiler so I can still flush the loo and have cold water to the taps, etc.

Hope that makes more sense?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back