Baxi 401 no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi. Having changed a radiator I now have no hot water. I turned off the water supply to the radiators before draining and changing the rad. After changing I turned the water supply back on and bled the rads of air. They get lovely and hot only now the hot water is cold. The back boiler fires up but it doesn't seem to reach the hot water tank. The tanks in the loft are full and the immersion heater heats the water fine. The flow of water from the taps is normal. There doesn't seem to be any bleed nipple around the tank. The pump fires up with the heating but not when switched to water only. It's a Baxi Bermuda 401 system. Any help or advise would be a great thing right now. Oh and I have drained the heating on a previous occasion but not had this problem

Sponsored Links
Occasionally, you have to bleed the coil. Does a vent pipe come off the top of the flow pipe (top of coil). If not, you sometimes have to crack the union to release air.

Thanks for the reply. Ok. I guess you mean the hot water tank. It's just a couple of wires on the top and a wiring box I guess and the pipe out of the top of the tank is I think the water supply from the back boiler

Sponsored Links
No.

Can you post a picture of the copper cylinder?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back