baxi bermuda 401 back boiler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey, first post on here. Ok problem is i currently have a Baxi bermuda 401 back boiler and front fire. I have returned from holiday and boiler will not ignite. Pilot stays lit no problem but boiler does not kick in when i ask for hot water or heating. 6 months ago i had the gas fire by-passed by a corgi engineer who charged me an arm and a leg for doing this as it is never used. Any help here wood be greatly received...

Regards :)

Sponsored Links
gas valve sticking or a new soleniod.

Cant offer much more advise as its CORGI terriotory (sic) with changing a gas part on your boiler.

Dave

Sponsored Links
Just make sure the gas valve button is pulled out not stuck in when you lit pilot

thanks all for your speedy replies much appreciated, yes malkie it is a grey button i use to light the pilot and it fully releases and stays lit. in reply to APL how do i check for 240 v at the gas valve i hav a multimeter but aint sure where u want me to check. i think u mean the black connectors below the gas valve. Thanks for ur patience.......

regards :)

there are three wires going to the gas valve one an earth and the other two should have 240v going to them,these wires are ussually concealed under a plastic cover on the gas valve,just check that their is 240v going to them if their is and the grey knob is fully out and it still is not working it would look like your gas valve. :rolleyes:

Can you see the cable going to the solenoid which is behind the black plastic housing if you have 240 to there then its the gas valve gone down

ok i pushed the end of the red probe as far as it would go into either side of the connector below the gas valve. and placed the black/common on the earth stud There is 0V. i never opened the actual connector housing so i cant b 100% sure the probes touched. but im sure it wood have. i looked in the junction box and the live feed for the gas valve seems to be fed from a separate supply than the 240V going to the fire. the live wire seems to be fed from a separate bit on the main junction box/terminal strip, almost as if it needs something somewhere else to click on before it goes live as it is bunched in with loads of other wires' Also for some reason i seem to hav no 240V reading at the thermostat on the wall. again many thanks for ur feed back on this matter.....

Regards :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back