Baxi 80e leaking water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I have a Baxi 80e which is leaking water from the pushrod in the diverter valve.

From reading other posts i just need to change an o ring in teh diverter valve to solve it.

Anyone have any idea what the part number is for this??

Cheers

Grill

Sponsored Links
o-ring is only the result of limescale and corrosion inside the of the diverter. needs overhaul or replacing.
also reliable indicator that your whole system is full of dirt

Diaphragm and gland is 5111140
Changing the gland alone will often lead to another leak in 3 months.

Thanks for that guys.

Should i reccommend that teh owner gets the system flushed?? I put Fernox into teh system last year as well. Will this dirt in teh system eventually stop teh valve operating?/

G

Sponsored Links
Hi guys,

I sorted that divertor valve tonighta dn it was a gift. However i ordered the part number you quoted but the rubber diaphragm that came with it was too small to replace the existing one?? Unless the parts centre have labelled it wrong.

Anyway the other diaphragm looked fine. No splits so i just stuck in teh gland and hey presto no leaks. Hopefully they wont appear after 3 months.

G

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back