Baxi Bermuda Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Before I explain the problem I would just like to stress I have absolute no knowledge on this subject of central heating etc so please be gentle :)I have a very old Baxi Bermuda back boiler. For the last few months we keep getting this intermittent fault where the heating goes off and then won't come back on. When I turn the thermostat up it clicks but the boiler doesn't fire up unless I go to the controls, switch the sliders on the programmer to off and then back on again. As soon as I do this it comes on again. I have noticed that when it isn't working and I run the hot water for a time it does come on this way too. Sometimes it is ok for a few days but then it plays up again. I have had British Gas out on a few occasions now. They have replaced the programmer and port valve but is still happening. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks Jan

Sponsored Links
Hi Ollski,
Well the heating has stopped working again this evening. The thermostat in the hallway clicks but nothing fires up.The pump also does not come on. Once I switch it all off and on with the control sliders then everything comes on.
I hope this helps..
Thanks
Jan

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back