Baxi Combi 105e - how do you get Anti Rad Rust protection?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have a Baxi Combi 105e - i've recently done some plastering and removed my Rads. When i re-hang them i intend to add some rad protection/anti-rust magic solution to them...

Q - how do i get the liquid/gel into the CH system. The tanks in the loft are not connected to anything any more. (in previous houses i'd just pour it into them)

Sponsored Links
As you have taken your rads off (and i hope taken them into the garden and squirted the hose through them while banging them to loosen the sludge) you can open one top end of one rad (should be a plain plug opposite end to the bleed valve) and put the chemical in there. The chemicals are available in cartridges that fit in a sealant gun so you can squirt them through the nozzle. Put it in before you refill then there is little risk it will spill out.

It is also possible to use a plastic tube and a funnel but you will probably spill some.

Best to use a chemical cleaner and rinse well before adding the inhibitor.

Thanks John for your post.

Ok right i understand. Would you suggest adding the cleaner, to the system using it and then after a few weeks/days remove the cleaner, flush with water, and then add an inhibiter?>

Many thanks OP

Sponsored Links
Yes but for the time required see the instructions for the brand you use. Sentinel and Fernox seem good brands.

There is some guidance on a technique for flushing with mains water from a tap and hose on here, do a search (I haven't used it myself).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back