Baxi Combi 105e Expension Vessel - where do I get one ???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am installing a new Baxi 105e combi boiler and as the system has a one way valve to prevent backfeeding into the mains, the system requires an expension vessel in the cold feed to the boiler. The instructions recommend a Zilmet 160ml R 1/2 15bar unit. Where can I get one of these ?

:cool: Many thanks, Paul

Sponsored Links
BES.LTD.UK item 11355 shock arrestor, £10.16 + vat.
Yours'll be one of the 1 in 1000 installations which gets one!

Hi Chris, is this component an operation eqivilent of the Zilmet? Thanks, Paul

It's a pressure vessel, same as any other, but it's the size which a few of the combi mfrs use. All it has to do is absorb the expansion of water in the system which gets heated, and trapped when you turn the hot tap off. Water expands only by 4% between 4C and 100C - so it ain't a heck of a lot.
Zilmet is just a make.

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for your help Chris. One last thing, the instructions also possiby putting a pressure regulator valve in line to maintain a maximum water pressure of 8 bar. Is this a usual fitment to systems ?

Rare. Call your water supply company and ask what the supply pressure is in your postcode area. I've only once measured 8 bar - 3 bar is more common. Normal mortals can hold a thumb ona tap at about 2.5 bar, plumbers manage about 3.5 .

Once again many thanks for your very quick replies. Time to go shopping now. Paul

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back