Baxi 105e Remote Expansion vessel adding.

Depressurise the system by draining and gauge on 0 then I pumped vessel to around 0.8 bar .
The most important part is you MUST leave a drain point open as you pressurise the vessel, you will get a fair bit more water as you pump it up as you are now forcing the water from the vessel, when the water stops coming out then you will no be pressurising the vessel, take to 0.8 Bar then close the drain point and remove the pump

Sponsored Links
Did you drain the system from the boiler drain plug and isolate the radiators (the 2 outside pipes I think )

just drain from the boiler drain , no need to isolate the radiators

Should I turn the radiator taps off under the boiler ? I don't want to lose the inhibator

Sponsored Links
I really do appreciate your help but won't all the water from the radiators empty out ?

No it wont and if you close the isolationg valves they will most likely leak when you open them again, the water in the radiators will be held in a vaccum

Yes it seems to have worked fingers crossed. I obviously lost some water with inhibitor in it .

you will have lost a lot more inhibitor by constantly topping up the pressure when you had a depleted vessel

Just a quick question boiler guys , my boiler is working great now 1 bar cold 1.7 bar hot . What would have happened if I had put too much pressure in the expansion vessel ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back