Baxi 105e Remote Expansion vessel adding.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all new to the forum I have had a issue with my Baxi 105e where the pressure is lost out of the boiler during winter when I have the central heating on I have to keep topping up the pressure manually, seems to drop of overnight to 0 so heating and hot water does not operate when requested. And get flashing temp led's .
As some of you may know the vessels are on the back on the 105e and not really accessible, so looking at adding a remote vessel
Anybody done this on the 105e and which pipes do I tap into ?
Any help appreciated.

I have attached a pic of the underside of the boiler.

Attachments

• IMG_0663.JPG
    IMG_0663.JPG
    397.9 KB · Views: 203
Sponsored Links
Yes, that's the one. It's 22mm and leads to the valve with the black handle. Connect anywhere between the filling loop tee and that valve.
Are you sure the existing expansion vessel has failed? Have you tried repressurising it?

Sponsored Links
Yes, that's the one. It's 22mm and leads to the valve with the black handle. Connect anywhere between the filling loop tee and that valve.
Are you sure the existing expansion vessel has failed? Have you tried repressurising it?
Ok so I could simple disconnect the filling loop fit a t piece in between and run a pipe off the T piece to a remote vessel and that's it?
I'm only assuming the vessel is shot due to symptoms I'm having with it
Problem I have is access to the vessel and valve to repressurise

Last edited:
You could do it like that, but I would fit a 22mm tee between the existing tee and elbow, and then connect new vessel. Before that I would make an effort to check the existing vessel. Unless it's boxed in, access is not that hard. Your choice.

It looks from your picture that your filling loop is connected into the flow pipe from the mains pipe (the pipe with the red valve on). The c/h return pipe that you need to connect the remote vessel to is out of shot.

To access the expansion vessel valve on this boiler there is a strengthening plate at the top rear of the boiler, the long plate has two self tapping screws at each end, remove these and lift the plate off, you will then be able to access the valve to re-pressurise the existing vessel

IMG_0665.JPG

So looking at the small pipe which goes to the vessel it connects to the brass PRV and this pipe I have arrowed also comes off the PRV which is going to the filling loop.

Attachments

• IMG_0665.JPG
    IMG_0665.JPG
    404.1 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Hi ok
You could do it like that, but I would fit a 22mm tee between the existing tee and elbow, and then connect new vessel. Before that I would make an effort to check the existing vessel. Unless it's boxed in, access is not that hard. Your choice.
yes I will try and access the vessel problem I have is its all boxed in but will try and hava a go.

It looks from your picture that your filling loop is connected into the flow pipe from the mains pipe (the pipe with the red valve on). The c/h return pipe that you need to connect the remote vessel to is out of shot.
I have added another better pic of the under side if it helps.

# Update I managed to taking the panelling off around the boiler and gained access to the vessel valve I pressed it and some water came out with very little air and rest of the air seems to be expelled
Can I just try topping it up or does water indicate vessels shot?

just pump it up but you have to leave a drain point open somewhere so that all the water is expelled from the bladder, pump it up to 0.8 Bar remove pump, replace dirt cap then close drain point , you MUST have a drain point open or it will not work, then pressurise the water side to 1.5 Bar and you are good to go

just pump it up but you have to leave a drain point open somewhere so that all the water is expelled from the bladder, pump it up to 0.8 Bar remove pump, replace dirt cap then close drain point , you MUST have a drain point open or it will not work, then pressurise the water side to 1.5 Bar and you are good to go
Ok I can give that a go I was under the impression if it leaks out of the expansion valve the the vessel is shot if I still press it water is still trickling out slowly

That vessel appears to be goosed then, although that could be condensation. No harm in re-pressurising it and see if the bladder is intact. Don't connect a new vessel where your red arrow is!:eek: The pipe to the RHS is the ch return (the one with the drain off on). Connect it into there if you need it.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back