Baxi Combi 105e - no hot water & no heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
when the boiler is switched on, the radiator light comes on to call heat, it then goes out, and the water light flashes, and the fault on fan or flue flashes, and we cannot get hot water, and/or heating (this happened last night)

We switched it off, back on again a few times - nothing.

Left for a few hours, switched back on, and it worked as per ususal - heat, and hot water.

Been on for an hour and a half, and has now reverted back to the flashing water indicator, and the fault on the fan/flu flashes.

I suspect if I turn it back on again soon, it might work again, then revert back.

PCB?

Sponsored Links
What does your pressure gauge read?

However, when it did go back to working the once, it went up to 2.5 and in the red. It has never gone above 2.

When I switch it on, it doesn't fire up - you can hear the switches going, but nothing happens

Sponsored Links
just pay someone to fix it ?
I have already had my engineer out, and he seems to think its the pcb, but he wasn't 100% sure.

I am just trying to pick other peoples brains, as if it isn't the pcb then it's a waste of money

just pay someone to fix it ?
I have already had my engineer out, and he seems to think its the pcb, but he wasn't 100% sure.

I am just trying to pick other peoples brains, as if it isn't the pcb then it's a waste of money

agree with tibbot , going straight in with a pcb is a bit strong , is pump running ? can you hear the fan running ? if no fan running it wont go to ignition

How can it be a waste of money?

If the engineer buys a new PCB and it does not fix the fault then you dont have to pay for it.

You pay him to diagnose and fix the fault.

Not to fit random parts at your expense until the fault is found.

I suppose he has not charged you anything?

I always charge to diagnose faults!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back