Baxi Combi 105e - slow heating up and cold radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could advise on this one please?

Up until recently I was able to turn on my heating and all radiators would heat up evenly and be quite hot. The boiler is downstairs and both in and out pipes appear to go and come back from upstairs. The temp setting on the boiler would only be about a third of its way around too. However, now the lower radiators stay cold for quite some time and eventually get luke warm. The upstairs ones seem to get hot but are colder as they get further away from the boiler. The heating kicks in and the water seems to be heated too fast or isnt moving fast enough around the system.

I've added a cleaning agent to the system and left the heating on for 48 hours as I was advised by a plumber. After having it in for this long there seems to be no change. So I've taken off a couple of the downstairs radiators and flushed them. Little bit of black water but no sludge (I expect sludge to be thick?). I ran water through the pipes to clear them too, first with all radiators closed and then opening one at a time.

Now with all radiators on maximum, I turn the heating on and it just seems to heat up too fast then cut out as it did before. Again the closest radiators heat up first and the furthest ones away take an age. I can close all radiators and leave the furthest one open and it does heat up fine. I've read about balancing which seems to be the option at the moment but as it was all ok before do you know what the issue might be? I'm thinking a weak pump but was advised that my pump 'looks' fine - it wasnt actually tested or anything. This is why I did the flushing. I've actually treated the system twice now with 2 x Fernox F5 but it seems to be the same.

The boiler pressure is just about 1.1 bar cold and goes to 1.4 when running. I've bled all radiators and when flushing I've tried it from various points. I couldnt find a drain cock anywhere so have drained and flushed three times from two downstairs radiators and one upstairs - I had each one off the wall and flushed water through both sections of pipe then flushed the radiator. Nothing really came out but light brown water.

I've also read about the pump having 3 speed settings, mine does not have any speed settings at all.

Thanks for reading!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply, I've flushed the system so what I thought was that I was flushing the return valve in the opposite direction. Is this wrong? Or will this not clear it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back