Baxi Combi 105HE-No Heating or Hot Water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help with the following on a Baxi Combi 105HE:-

Lights on the control panel are power on and heating green neons. When starting up, gas flows but cuts out after around ten seconds, tries to start up again and cuts out, does it one last time then 30deg red neon starts flashing. Reset system then try again but it does the same thing. The burner light does not illuminate at any time.

The PCB was replaced around nine months ago and the condensate pipe is clear as in no blockage.

I have tried turning up the temperature controls as this worked a month ago when I had what I thought to be the same problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as it has been a cold christmas day.

Thanks,

Paul

Sponsored Links
Sorry, nothing "simple" as in diy fixable on boxing day, I'm afraid :(

Are you certain that your condensate pipe is not frozen

Sponsored Links
I am sure, its completely clear of any blockage, it is only a short pipe and relatively easy to clear

After much research, I tried disconnecting a cable from the condensate trap, I dont how, whether I touched the cable to the terminal, or whatever, the boiler started and has supplied hot water and heating ever since, about an hour or so from 17:45GMT. The cable is still disconnected. What are the issues to be concerned about with this???

Your condensate is/was blocked/frozen which is why when you disconnected the sensor wire it has fired up.

It may have just been dampness between terminals stopping it firing before.

Reconnect wire if boiler goes out then condensate is still blocked.

If you leave wire disconnected with blocked a condensate exit then the boiler will start to fill with water.

red light comes on mine flu or fan prob but fan runs freely and works and flue looks ok .only works now and then.
plastic water tanks think its condensation trap the furthest 1 in is full of water is this right?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back