BAXI 105HE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could tell me why my Baxi Combi 105HE is emitting an audible alarm. It did this earlier in the week while I was running the hot tap in my kitchen. I left it a while and it then stopped. This morning it started doing it again while I wasn't running any water, the heating isn't running either.

Can anyone point me in th right direction please as the manual doesn't appear to make any reference to it.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
I am not aware of your model having any audible alarm!

It must be something else making the noise!

Tony

maybe your installer left their watch or phone inside (have left my phone inside blr when been speaking hands free whilst working :oops: )

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reponses. The boiler has been installed 5 years and has only started doing this so can't be anything left inside by either the engineer of the kitchen fitter. I'll have to investigate further to see if something else is making the sound as it is definately coming from the area of the boiler.

Maybe we could help more if you could describe the alarm,

is it a standard beeep, or maybe a more unconventional brrrp brrrp? Is it more of a bip bip? Or a parp? let us know.

Mike

bip bip................. sounds like a smoke / co alarm to me. Run out of batteries.

bip bip................. sounds like a smoke / co alarm to me. Run out of batteries.

LOL. I was thnking all boiler should have a warning beep, but then, some folks would ever get any sleep!

But, seriously, your boiler isn't crying out to you. To prove, when the noise occurs again, turn off the boiler at the iso.point, and tie back your lug holes!

Well, I woke with a jolt at 5.15am and thought "washing machine". It is right next to the boiler housing so the noise could sound as if it is coming from there. I had noticed on the 2 occasions that the cycle hadn't started but had put that down to the fact that I had knocked the boiler off.

Silly Mare huh :oops:

Thanks for all your help guys. It is good to know that there are people out there willing to give advice to those that just haven't got a clue about the workings of such things,

Dont worry your not the first and you wont be the last .

And it wasnt as bad as the woman who called us out for the strange buzzing noise coming from the boiler.

Only for the guy who turned up to find she had not turned off her vibrator when she put it back in the drawer. :oops: :oops:

If it was a Rampant Rabbit then I think there was a call back on that model.

But vibrators dont run for long enough until British Gas get there 2-3 days later! So it must be a made up joke.

Hmmm... Fortunately I don't know that much about vibrators, none of the ladies that I know need one ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back