Baxi combi boiler taking a while to turn on?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

We had a baxi combi boiler installed Dec 2016 and it has worked fine (and still does) but I have got a query.

The pressure was a bit low so I topped it up. When we used the heating after that the pressure went to 3. So I had to bleed the radiators and let some of the water and air out this way to drop the pressure. The pressure is now at normal levels. Around 1.5.

My conern is that when I turn on the heating at the boiler it takes about 30 seconds-60 seconds to turn on. It used to be almost instant. You can hear the boiler doing something during this time but it doesnt actually fire up for about 30seconds-60 seconds later. When you first switch the heating on the needle drops a little bit for a second then rises again to 1.5 and then rises slightly more once the heating is actually on. After this the needle stays at normal levels.

When we use the hot water the boiler fires up instantly.

Is this normal? is there anything I should be concerned about?

Many thanks,

David

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Thank you.

Why is this happening now and it was a lot quicker before?

it will always have happened from day one you just havent noticed it ,,,,its built into the board

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back