Baxi Combi Instant 105e - Pressure Dropping 3 Times A Day

Search expansion vessel repair kit.
U can get one with a long extension to the schrader valve. Makes life easier.

Sponsored Links
Search expansion vessel repair kit.
U can get one with a long extension to the schrader valve. Makes life easier.

i wish i had known this before buying the tool and cores, oh well, the extension would make life easier indeed, ill persevere, i need to keep spending to a minimum, cheers

I attempted to remove the old core, it did not go so well, there appears to be part of the body still in the valve so i cant fit a new core, can i attach this extension and leave it attached or would this not work without a core in the valve?

i just ordered the 90 degree extension, hopefully this will fix my valve problem.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281107162942

Last edited:
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
The pin needs to be in to open the bottom part of the core.
If u can push it through it breck it out then putting the extension on would create a seal and have a new schrader at the other end.

The pin needs to be in to open the bottom part of the core.
If u can push it through it breck it out then putting the extension on would create a seal and have a new schrader at the other end.

The pin is open as the pin etc is removed from the valve, i have fitted the brass 90 degree extension shown on my previous post, it makes access easier and fixes my valve problem. Time to follow the faq and recharge the EV.

Tony, my kettling has stopped, i put x400 in my system over a week ago and now it has stopped kettling when the heating and hot water are on full. What a relief. I just thought i would update you. Ill drain it out in a few days and add inhibitor. I still have a sound like air swooshing inside the boiler, any ideas how i can get rid of this. I tried removing the pump centre screw and the little screw it loose on the AAC.

X400 should be left in for four weeks to have maximum effect.

But it would have been better to have used DS3 as I would have advised you as that is effective on both metal oxides and lime compounds.

X400 is a chelating agent and puts stuff into suspension.

DP, who advised you to ignore the kettling, will be disappointed that my encouragement to use chemicals on the main heat exchanger has now done the job.

Sounds as if you may have some air in the top of the DHW waterways including the EXV. There may be some vent point to expel that.

Tony

X400 should be left in for four weeks to have maximum effect.

But it would have been better to have used DS3 as I would have advised you as that is effective on both metal oxides and lime compounds.

X400 is a chelating agent and puts stuff into suspension.

DP, who advised you to ignore the kettling, will be disappointed that my encouragement to use chemicals on the main heat exchanger has now done the job.

Sounds as if you may have some air in the top of the DHW waterways including the EXV. There may be some vent point to expel that.

Tony

I could only afford one treatment, others were saying its not limescale in scotland, i thought DS3 was suited to limescale so i thought i would go for something for rusty sludge, i did not hold much hope for this working but i wanted to try something. Fortunately this has worked, im so happy.

The air is not a huge problem but it would be great to get rid of it. Is there another way of venting the air? Does this mean the aac is not doing its job?

DS3 is sulphonic acid which is good on limescale but it also dissolves metal oxides.

But metal oxides are also dissolved and somewhat better with citric acid although that has little effect on lime scale.

X400 is not acidic but a chelating agent and does not dissolve oxides etc. but merely puts them into suspension so they can be flushed away.

I suggested the DS3 because it is effective on both lime and metal oxides as we don't know what is inside your boiler.

Tony

would inhibitor help my problem with air in the boiler? It most obvious when its switching from ch to hw and then back to hw. If i just leave it on hw mode its fine, when the ch is running its quiet, only when its changing from one to the other.

Inhibitor only acts upon the system water by 'stagnating' it.
Fresh potable water from the incoming main contains several additives and minerals which are not good inside heating circuits and inhibitor neutralises it!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back