Baxi Combi Issues - strange happenings!!

Possibly, but just isolating the boiler service valves underneath and powering it off overnight would be easier.

Think only is having another "senior episode" :LOL:

Sponsored Links
There are boilers out there (majority of them) where touching those iso valves should be done as last resort- Certainly should be attempted before lifting the flooring though :p

before lifting floor boards and causing more mess, I am wondering if its worth sticking in some leak sealer?

before lifting floor boards and causing more mess, I am wondering if its worth sticking in some leak sealer?
Why?
What if the boiler is ejecting water as it is meant to do?
What if the heat exchanger has failed, what will leak sealer do?

Correct approach would be to establish from where the water is escaping. To do that one has to know ones boiler and take it from there. To throw parts and material at it is futile.

Sponsored Links
ok yep agree, was just grasping at straws as the dam thing has really annoyed me, especially the amount of BG engineers we have had to this over the last year. Just hard to understand why it did it for a few weeks last year, then went a year with no issues, and now just started again. I have to give in and have the floor boards cut in the hall, and then at least all the pipework can be checked, and then we will see where to go after that.

just get an independent recommended from friends / family to check it out properly it shouldn't take long unless you do have leaking pipes somewhere but at least you could rule out the boiler . people have advised what you need to do so you need to do your bit now , we are not in front of the boiler just don't know how engineers get away with doing the bare minimum ( 4 engineers ), glad all BG engineers are not the same .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back