Baxi combi whistling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 2 y/o baxi combi under a 7 yr guarentee.

The boiler is working fine, but on start up it does whistle quite a bit. Plus there is a fair bit of gurgling going on. The whistling went away after about 15 mins.

Baxi are coming on friday to have a look.

Is this likely to be an issue with the secondary heat ex ?

I cleaned the filter out the other day as well and the water was fairly brown. I thought the system was supposed to be clear. I am thinking not enough inhibitor has been added on instal. It was done under the replacement boiler scheme. The system is a big one as it has 14 radiators running off it, all bigger ones (except the two bathrooms). Would this need two bottles of inhibitor ?

Sponsored Links
Let me guess your boiler is a duo tec and does it when you run a hot water tap ?

it is a duo tec, and i will need to test it when it does hot water. Any ideas what the issue is ? Is this just how they operate.

Sponsored Links
Ok, but my issue is when the boiler starts up and it whistles. This is nothing to do with the cold water feed.

Well if it does it on heating also I would suggest you get the boiler checked over but if it's only on hot water then I will be right

The engineer came out and thinks it is the burner as only happens when fires up and for the first 10 mins. So the burner is being replaced next week.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back