Baxi Combi

EMC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a Baxi Combi 105e and the system pressure light is illuminated and I've no heating or hot water. This is my fault as I tried to bleed a radiator and opened it up too much and the screw came out along with a lot of water (stupid I know!) I couldn't get the screw back in as the water was gushing out so I turned the water off at the mains and waited until the water was trickling out and I could get the screw back in.

Obviously the water pressure had fallen to zero so I filled it until 1.5. When I was refilling the system the pressure gauge went up really quickly which I thought was strange considering how much water had come out. I've tried bleeding the other radiators but there wasn't any air in any of them.

Can anyone help me?

Sponsored Links
Hav you tried the rest knob on the bottom front left of the boiler .It turns anti clockwise towards letter R then back to 0 then on ithink.

It seems the low pressure switch has not reset.

It may reset over the next day ot two or you could increase the pressure to about 1.8 Bar and see if that helps it.

If the pressure rises very quickly on filling it often means the expansion vessel needs recharging.

Tony

Sponsored Links
:idea: These boilers have a manual overheat cut of safety switch , located in the combustion chamber on the L/H side on the flow pipe, the red button on the switch needs pressing in to reset.

EMC - just curious about your name - You don't work for the Evil Machine Company by any chance!

105E Doesnt have the manual reset overheat,thats on the 80eco. Try turning the power off to the boiler for a while then do the reset on the control knob.

That explains why I couldn't find it. Thanks for all the advice but I've given up and called a plumber!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back