Baxi Duo Tec 33 HE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 12 radiators about 25 year old and considering buying a a new Baxi duo tec 33 HE boiler, any comments on this boiler would be helpful to me, what I would like to know is should the system be power flushed out when the new boiler is fitted or just flushed out, also would it be advisable to have new radiators as well.

I ask this as 6 year ago I had an alpha boiler fitted which was not power flushed out when installed.

I have had a lot of trouble with the boiler even having a power flush 3 year ago, and when the radiators were bled last week the water that came out was very brown, but now the boiler needs more parts so I feel I would be better buying a new boiler

Sponsored Links
I have 12 radiators about 25 year old and considering buying a a new Baxi duo tec 33 HE boiler
Don't, let the installer do that.

, any comments on this boiler would be helpful to me, what I would like to know is should the system be power flushed out when the new boiler is fitted or just flushed out,
Only the installer can judge that after a test.

also would it be advisable to have new radiators as well.
Not unless they are leaking or otherwise defective

I ask this as 6 year ago I had an alpha boiler fitted which was not power flushed out when installed.
Crap installer

I have had a lot of trouble with the boiler even having a power flush 3 year ago, and when the radiators were bled last week the water that came out was very brown,
Crap engineer.
Forget about trying to find all the answers yourself, it is pointless; just find a good RGI, and let him get on with it.

Thanks for your help, I am asking all these questions, as when I had my present boiler fitted I asked no questions and as I have said no flushing out was done on my system and i have had lots of problems with the alpha boiler. so before I contact any heating engineer to install a new boiler for me I wanted to know a few facts,

I was recommended the Baxi duo tec 33 HE boiler by the company who come to service my boiler every year and who have done lots of repairs on the alpha combi boiler for me, they are corgi registered as was the company that put my present boiler in.

Is the Baxi duo tec 33 HE boiler a decent boiler I just want a good boiler that does not keep breaking down. My Alpha 28 has water pouring out of the overflow and the pressure is very high and the heating engineer told me the part I needed was very expensive as it cant go inside the boiler it sits at the side of the boiler sorry I have no idea of the part, as you have probably guessed i am a woman

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your help, I am asking all these questions, as when I had my present boiler fitted I asked no questions and as I have said no flushing out was done on my system and i have had lots of problems with the alpha boiler. so before I contact any heating engineer to install a new boiler for me I wanted to know a few facts.

With all due respect, you will never be able to ask all the questions necessary to prevent getting a bad job done by a conman.
Without in depth technical knowledge it wil be very easy to take you for a ride if the installer chose to.
The best thing to do is to spend your time finding a good and trustworthy installer, and just let him get on with it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back