Baxi Duo Tec2 24 Hot water problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am having a problem on my DuoTec. I thought I would have a look at the manual in the fault finding section before going any further.

Basically I have CH but no DHW.

I methodically followed the fault finder in the manual:
Yes to power
No to fault codes
Set to max heat and opened the tap... No to Tap Symbol flashing, No to pump switching on
Yes flow Rate is greater than 2L/ Min
No to Burner Lights (Gone to section L)
Yes to mains water filter clean and Turbine spinning freely
Checked X22 Wiring on PCB and Yes have approx 5V DC (4.6 to be precise)

So Fault finder tells me to replace hall effect sensor......... Its a simple plug off the old, spend around £40.00 and plug on new...... seems easy!

Went to google to order the part....... Then your website appears on my search, so I open up a thread describing my fault more or less way back on 18th Oct 2012 but doesn't state all the same steps I have done but does mention a flashing light on the Hall sensor and mine does indeed still flash.

The correct diagnosis in that instance was to replace the DHW NTC

Either way the correct replacement part is about the same cost, I just don't want to end up buying both if I can help it!

Any ideas anyone?

Thanking you in advance

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Have you got a multimeter? The correct way to diagnose this is to test the resistance of the DHW sensor to see if it's in range

Hi, Thanks both for replying,

Muggles - Yes I have a multi meter and the NTC is in range, but to refer back to the 2012 post on here, the DHW NTC was in range but still faulty, he did go into a big reasoning about it being both DHW AND CH NTC and it measuring from the CH side or something, this is what prompted me to post on here.

Smithy - I never looked inside the boiler until I have got the problem.... So when you fitted the new hall sensor, does the sensor light stay on and not flash? if it does then its simple, I need a new one too.

Sponsored Links
Odd to measure within range but still be "faulty".

Can you link to or identify the posting?

They do sometimes go OC when they are hot though.

Hi, Thanks both for replying,

Muggles - Yes I have a multi meter and the NTC is in range, but to refer back to the 2012 post on here, the DHW NTC was in range but still faulty, he did go into a big reasoning about it being both DHW AND CH NTC and it measuring from the CH side or something, this is what prompted me to post on here.

Smithy - I never looked inside the boiler until I have got the problem.... So when you fitted the new hall sensor, does the sensor light stay on and not flash? if it does then its simple, I need a new one too.
If when you run hot tap hall sensor is flashing its faulty, constant red light its ok

The cartridge which the hall sensor sits on maybe partially blocked. Came across it many times. Cartridge can be bought seperatly to save buying the whole valve, cartridges are diff for each kw of boiler

I am sorry if some how I have offended someone, that was never my intention to do so in any way.

Agile asked for the thread details I was referring to and I did as he asked and posted the link. I then simply stated he had been involved in the conversations that took place at that time way back in 2012, I didn't say, or at least didn't mean to be disrespectful in any way shape or form

Thanks Smithy, mine flashes so its faulty, I have ordered the new one should be delivered tomorrow

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back