Baxi lockout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
First time for me on this site, I hope you guy's can help, first the details
Baxi 100/2 HE Plus (Gas)
I have a Continuous Red Lockout Light, and flashing green boiler on and flashing Mains on.
Nothing is working, no heat and no hot water, the central heating pump is pumping away.
Nothing has been touched elswhere on the system, and it's just over 2 years old.
Christmas eve i had to reset the lockout switch and all has been good since then, now nothing happens when resetting.
When I first noticed the problem, I couldn't remove the hot water light off the timer, but after switching off at the mains and leaving for 20 mins, it cleared, also tried turning the temperature to off and waiting with the mains off. If anybody can help with this, I will be eternally grateful. :?:

Sponsored Links
Your fault indicates
Reverse polarity

Check polarity (live and neutral) and more importantly check that you have a neutral to the boiler, check for broken or loose connections.

Thanks, is this something I should leave to the profesionals, or can I at least look at it, I'me not dumb with DIY. :?:

Sponsored Links
I have one, thats about it! if we are talking checking contacts then OK, anything more then No!

Sorry to barge in boys. But this is a dry fire lockout.
The first thing to check is your pump,Link flowswitch out to see if boiler works

OK Guys, can you direct me to it, or do I need to call in the big boys! the pump is quite new, and seems to be running all right, I can feel the pump working. Is it a potential DIY disaster!!!

As Poxi said you need to link out the flow switch.
If you don't know how to do this safely, it's time to call someone, as it will probably need replacing.

OK guys, I need to know where this item may be, would it be with the hot water tank or the boiler, having looked at the type of thing you are talking about it may be cheaper for me to replace it anyway, once I have found it that is, and hope for the best, If you think I am wrong, please give me the nod!!!

Guess what, just found an instalation manual describing whe details quite clearly, and how to change it. What do you think my chances of completing this and it working. :?:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back