Baxi Solo 2 pf 30 Boiler problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, any advice on the said subject would be appreciated:

My Baxi Solo 2 has worked well for months after fitting a new PCB in March then afew weeks ago failed to come on either via the timer or by pressing 'advance' on the programmer (a Lifestyle LP112).
So I asked on this forum and was advised to use a voltmeter to try and determine if the boiler was ok etc. So I removed the cupboard surrounding the boiler and it started working again and has been ok for maybe 3 weeks then stopped working again.
Now when it stopped and wouldn't come on again either using advance or the timer I noticed the pilot light indicator was lit. I think I read somewhere there should be no lights on until the lighting sequence starts ending up with the boiler firing.
At present the boiler is working ok and has since sat evening and all the lights are out until at the correct time when they come on.
SO (eventually) can anyone offer me advice on what I can check or even a check list that might enable me to get to the bottom of my intermittent problems?

Many thanks, C.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back