Baxi Solo 2 pf 30 Boiler problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am hoping someone maybe able to assist in my problem. Early in the year I ended up replacing the PCB of my Baxi Solo 2 as it wasn't working. It has worked ok for afew months up until last few days. First thing was it didn't come on in the morning but came on at at the right time in the evening. Then next couple of days it worked ok again. Then tonight it came on at the right time then went off early and now if I press the button for the instant heating nothing happens.

Anyone have any ideas, does it sound like a PCB problem again. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards, C.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply, by external controls do you mean my electronic programmer? Its a lifestyle model LP112.

Further to this the boiler has not ignited when set today so when I got hone tonight I took the cupboard housing the boiler off the wall to have a closer look. First time I pressed the 'Advance' on the programmer I heard the relay go click but the boiler didn't ignite. So I pressed the Advance again to turn off, waited a couple of minutes then turned it on again and the boiler ignited.

Would you have any further advice?

Regards, C.

Thanks for your reply, by external controls do you mean my electronic programmer? Its a lifestyle model LP112.

Further to this the boiler has not ignited when set today so when I got hone tonight I took the cupboard housing the boiler off the wall to have a closer look. First time I pressed the 'Advance' on the programmer I heard the relay go click but the boiler didn't ignite. So I pressed the Advance again to turn off, waited a couple of minutes then turned it on again and the boiler ignited.

Would you have any further advice?

Regards, C.

Check for 240v at the switched live on the boiler.
If the boiler is getting 240v to tell it to fire you know there is a problem in the boiler.
If no 240v you have a problem in the programmer.
You can wire directly from the live to the switched live of the boiler
and the boiler would then run all the time.

Sponsored Links
Again thanks for your swift reply.

Alas I don't have a multimeter so a trip to my parents house to borrow one it is.

I will post back when I have the results and go from there.

Regards, C.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back