baxi solo 2 pf 80 - Leaking Water

you may find they have an upper age limit on the boiler of about 8 years not 100% on that though

Sponsored Links
15 years apparently! They took my serial No and seemed quite happy to take my money - Engineer out tomorrow :D

I shall go for the quick fix until the summer and then get some quotes for a new Baxi Solo 30 HE

Sponsored Links
and here we are five weeks later and my HE has just cracked again :evil: :evil: :evil: This time pouring water over the PCB and kicking out the house electrics as well.... What is going on here?

We're planning to sell within the next 18 months so a new boiler isn't on the radar - but three HE's in year is a little much to take....

You should be able to get a good replacement suoply and fitting for about £1500.

But there is obviously something wrong.

I assume the boiler drives a pump over run? But is the pimp connected to the boiler?

I would have expected anyone replacing the heat exchanger to have checked that ???

Tony

dwaviation, check flow and return temperature at the boiler. Ensure it is 11 degrees Centigrade

assume the boiler drives a pump over run? But is the pimp connected to the boiler?

I would have expected anyone replacing the heat exchanger to have checked that ???

baxi solo doesn't require pump overrun. same as the he model. viessmann compact also don't require one. if looking at a heat only boiler.

assume the boiler drives a pump over run? But is the pimp connected to the boiler?

baxi solo doesn't require pump overrun. same as the he model. viessmann compact also don't require one. if looking at a heat only boiler.
a solo 2 pf does this aint the new he version it 15 yr old

The Viess OV does not have to have pump over run but the facility is built in and in my view best used.

Similarly using pump over run on on a Solo style boiler will extend the life of the fan.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back