Baxi Solo 2 problem

Still got the problem, it all worked fine the first evening after changing the Thermostat.
Looks like I'm entering getting someone in territory. As usual it all fired up fine at 6.50 am, by the time I'd go downstairs @ 7.20 the boiler had gone into fault mode.
It only came on again as I walked out the door @ 7.45.
Any thoughts, I would still like to understand before calling someone in.

Sponsored Links
I was very surprised that was the fault, i rarely see those sensors fail like that.

Id think more likely a sticky aps, dirty venturi, fan on way out or even possibly your pcb.

May just sound like random guesses but they are all common faults that mean the boiler may just be producing enough pressure to light, but after a while operating the hot aps could stick, the fan could not be producing enough pressure etc

The only way to tell is to have a multimeter on the SL to check for demand while the boiler is in fault state, as its also possible you have a system fault, such as a stiff motorised valve, or dodgy room stat.

TBH m8 itl probably work out cheaper to get a decent RGI in as to find and prove the fault some electrical testing will be req, and thats where most injuries occur with gas work.

Thanks TheGasMa26
I agree I wasn't convinced but it was a cheap and easy thing to eliminate.
Sorry can you explain sticky aps and SL.
The fan and PCB are about 2/3 years old so hopefully are ok.
More than happy to test electronics/electrics do it all day.

Sponsored Links
It was the air flow sensor being rather sluggish in returning to it's "I'm ready to go state" when the fan stops.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back