Baxi solo 3 , no pilot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just helping out a friend, Baxi solo 3 pfl70,
She tells me , no pilot light, boiler on and fan on lights both illuminated, any ideas , thanks,
I can get more info if needed,

Sponsored Links
If the boiler 'on' light is lit, that indicates that the external thermostat / timer / controls etc. are calling for heat. So if the boiler isn't firing under these circumstances it's faulty. This will need the attention of a gas safe engineer. So, in accordance with the instructions at the top of the forum regarding DIY Gas, no one will be able to provide you with information regarding a DIY boiler repair.

Ok thanks for both your comments, I presume that the fan is running as the fan light is lit,
Not looking to diy repair, just a few ideas as to what problem could be, can't see her trying to open the case anyway, Saturday night, it will be a case of wine.

Sponsored Links
Just helping out a friend, Baxi solo 3 pfl70,
She tells me , no pilot light, boiler on and fan on lights both illuminated, any ideas , thanks,
I can get more info if needed,
Most common problem.no gas.

Where does it say fan running ?
On= running..unless you want to play word games instead.Yes light could be on.air switch stuck.fan stuck..on and on and on..wiring fault indicating fan on when it is not...Anything is possible.But...huge generalisation...Usually something simple.

Last edited by a moderator:
Boiler and fan lights on, Er, I,m not there so don't know if fan is running, if I asked her to listen for a fan would she hear it.
My old spacesaver doesn't have a fan , thank goodness.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back