Baxi Solo 3 PFL40 Solenoid Chattering

mld

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Baxi Solo 3 PFL40 Solenoid Chattering

Hi I wonder if anyone can help me? I have just returned home after a long spell working away and tried turning my Baxi Solo 3 PFL40 on. It powers up, fan starts, piezo sparks, pilot light ignites and stays on, so all lights on so far but when the burner (final light) starts to come on the solenoid starts to chatter like mad, the final light is trying to come on but just can’t make it. It seems to be tied in with the chattering. After about 20 seconds the system cuts out and goes back to standby (first light on). Any ideas ??? Thanks.

Dale

Sponsored Links
Although pilot is lit, it is probably partially blocked and as the main solenoid lifts to allow main gas to come on the pilot drops in size and pulls away from the sensor(electrode) and causes the solenoid to chatter . This is the usual cause

Thanks for the speedy reply. Is there anything I can do myself I am a motor engineer with Saab so am quite handy, or is this a gas man job? Thanks Dale.

Sponsored Links
Hi again, so what you are saying is that there is not enough flame/heat from the pilot to activate the solenoid fully so it chatters. Can I check the pilot? There seems to be a largish flame coming out of the pilot, I guess it could be burning in the wrong place!

If it was not the pilot any idea what else it might be?

Thanks Dale

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back