Baxi Solo RS or RS/SS central heating system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks in advance to anybody who assists me.

I have a Baxi Solo RS or RS/SS central heating system fitted about 16 years ago i changed the pump about 3 years ago.

The radiators upstairs and 3 of 5, of the downstairs radiators were working fine and 2 downstairs were not. After a little fiddle with the non-working ones (opened the drain tap and the bottom tap) the were all working fine. Later on the same day i turned the central heating off then on again and all the downstairs radiators were not working, upstairs fine.

further to the above information i turned off all the upstairs radiators and the downstairs radiators heated up no problem. i then turned on the upstairs radiators and all were working fine until i turned the heating off via the thermostat. The upstairs stayed on hot and the downstairs went off.

I then turned the radiators back on via the thermostat and the downstairs ones remained cold, whilst the upstairs remained hot.

I have tried to turn the heating system off via the control panel (on to water only) the radiators upstairs remained hot and downstairs still cold.

To turn the heating system off i have to turn off at the mains.

Regards

Gary

Sponsored Links
After a little fiddle with the non-working ones (opened the drain tap and the bottom tap) the were all working fine.

Exactly what are you referring to?
First guess so far is something wrong with your mv

I am referring to my central heating system not working correctly if that is what you are referring to when you ask what am i referring to and what is a mv.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back