baxifault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks cheers for reading
I've got a baxi 105e and it will not fire up. When in straight DHW mode and you open tap, pump comes on, push rod comes out flicks m switch then 5 secs later 60 triangle neon flashes. THis is supposed to relate to pump failure or low pressure. Both fine, however on checking for voltage at fan there is nothing at either fan itself or pcb terminals. Does this point at a pcb problem. In CH mode nothing happens!!!
PLease help

Sponsored Links
Both pins should activate for hot water

Sounds like you need a new diverter
Part No. 248062 or
248063 c/w pressure differential assy. recommended

when you say both pins, thats the vertical one and horizontal one? operating both micro switches at the same time? Would this then prompt the fan to run?

Sponsored Links
also system pressure is ok and auto vent grub screw is open.
Also ive been in the building trade for 15 years and cannot believe the lack of willing heating engineers. I'd happily pay anyoone who'd just come round. you guys know anyone in the derbyshire area??
However i WONT pa baxi 300 sheets to come out and sort a boiler thats been a pain in the arse since day 1 :evil:

If your convinced your pump is okay....
As previous

Sounds like you need a new diverter
Part No. 248062 or
248063 c/w pressure differential assy. recommended

i was sort of leaning that way, since we last spoke i phsically made the second contact with a scredriver. boiler lit up fan etc. However started to make some nasty noises, poss from the pump. Am i right in thinking the pump actuates the "vertical" push rod. Also as i said when you get it to call for heat nothing happens other than pump running. Should both rods be out? By the way you know your stuff mate

Front pin is for hot water only

Both pins needed for hot water, rear pin for heating only

Yes pump actuates rear pin

So it looks like you've pretty much narrowed it down for me, got a spare pump so gonna just switch that first then on to the diverter valve. That sound about the right way to go about things?
Also b.gas want 156 to fix any fault, that sounds reasonable to me, what you reckon??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back