Bay curtain poles

bsr

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking at bay curtain poles there seem to be two main types of joint for the bends.

One has a set of slots cut in the joint to create a swept bend but I don't think will look particularly good because of the visible cuts. The other uses a bolted knuckle joint.

Any experience please or how the two compare? Any other advice on DIY bay poles please?

Sponsored Links
Just my opinion
Blinds or shutters works best in a bay.

If you want curtains then a track fitted to ceiling with pull string hidden behind pelmet.
May have to fit timber behind ceiling which I've done a few times to get a good rail fixing

We prefer the look of poles but tbh track seems like the more practical option. Just need to find a decent quality metal one that I can bend at home. I don't like the pvc stuff.

Sponsored Links
You could consider getting a curved pole, but these of course don't follow the exact contours of a bay window. It depends on whether you're bothered by this aesthetically or practically depending on how your bay is utilised

Regards

Tet

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back