bay radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In some old bay windowed houses you sometimes find curved or angled radiators to fit around the bay window. Just curious, where would one find these to buy or have made? Are they always a custom job? Is it possible to get them anymore? Many of them are of an age when rads didn't have fins on the back (and are probably rusted badly inside!). Was just wondering about replacing one if I ever came across one!

Sponsored Links
There's a few companies that still do this, i think they send you a long peice of paper, you cut it to fit the bay and send it back to them, and they bend the rad.

It's very expensive though :eek:

Sponsored Links
Yes I've had this done.
I had to buy the radiator and get it shipped to them they then charged
so much a bend. In my case it needed 4 bends.
Fits nicely under the window and heats the bay up nicely.
It's popular spot to sit as the heat surrounds you.

I see it a lot where people have gone for the cheaper option of just fitting 3 smaller rads linked up.

Google Shiv radiators, I've used them in the past.

You'll need to send them a template for the curve (use some lining paper) and then they will get back to you to confirm the price.

Ps - They are not cheap, from memory around £330+ vat

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back