BCO Site Visits

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Bit of a dilemma.

Need to dig up and replace ground floor concrete slab.

Believe you need to get BCO inspection for this through a building notice. Fine will do that.

So far all well and good...

However house has a loft conversion from before we bought it which I doubt meets all building regulations (particularly from an insulation perspective)

Skylights clearly visible from the road as the BCO trots up.....

Can the BCO inspect other areas of the house during his visit other than the ground floor (i.e. the works we are asking him to inspect), and is he permitted to scope out the skylights and then make a note to look for the requisite paperwork when he gets back to the office?

Also as none of the neighbours have ever complained about it is an enforcement notice likely?

Sponsored Links
i think youre worrying about nothing.he will be looking where he's parking for a start and i doubt he's been doing homework on your house from years gone by.

As above dont worry about it, its been done far to long for him to do anything about it now. (years ago ;) )

Sponsored Links
There's normally a time limit as to how long the LA can take enforcement action. I can't remember what this time limit is. It may be 5 years. But if it was a problem, surely your solicitors would have picked this up prior to the house being sold. Approvals/completion certificates would have had to have been sought, thus preventing the unlikely event of the LA requesting to see further details regarding the conversion.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back