bdr91 wiring advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
I had cleaned up the boiler wiring and installed a honeywell wiring centre to replace a messily wired 10way junction box
And as it is all clearly labelled it made life easier for myself when i bought a cheap drayton mistat wireless thermostat. just had to wire 1 and 3 between the 2
Ive finally gone for the big upgrade and invested in the honeywell evohome

Im a bit lost on wiring it in as the labelling on the bdr91 doesn't match to the wiring centre as other than the live neutral its A and B
If i wire as a room stat which was my first idea because I'm waiting for the hot water kit to arrive (another week) so still need my current programmer for turning on hot water , would A go to 1 and B to 3 on the wiring centre ?

And should i be wiring the bdr91 into the programmer section once i no longer require the old programer ?
Don't really want to change back to a 10way junction box but as all the wiring guides show it that way ill do that if its a issue

Lastly how would you normally power the bdr91 for the live and neutral ,through a separate 3map isolator ?

Want to do it right and this seems the best place to ask

Many thanks

Leigh

Sponsored Links
Depends on your system and boiler, but my crystal ball needs a new battery!

If i wire as a room stat ... would A go to 1 and B to 3 on the wiring centre ?
Yes

And should i be wiring the bdr91 into the programmer section once i no longer require the old programmer?
What is included in the hot water kit?

Lastly how would you normally power the bdr91 for the live and neutral ,through a separate 3map isolator?
No. The BDR91 should be powered from the same isolator as the wiring centre. You could power it direct from any L and N terminals in the wiring centre, except for the pump, i.e Mains, Boiler and Programmer.

Sponsored Links
And should i be wiring the bdr91 into the programmer section once i no longer require the old programmer?
What is included in the hot water kit?
Found the answer to my own question!

I would wire both BDR91's , i.e. the CH and HW, into the respective thermostat terminals in the wiring centre.

Room stat BDR91- as in previous post
Cylinder stat BDR91 - A to C; B to 1; C to 2.

Insert links on the Wiring Centre Programmer block between L & CH ON, and between L & HW ON.

Many thanks for taking the time to reply

Ill give it a go on sunday , but with the above info I'm pretty confident it should be straightforward

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back