Be prepared.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
[url=http://www.rip-off.co.uk/latest_news/latest_news.htm]RIP...[/url] said:
...The average cost of a simple burial in 2000 was £2048 and is now £3307, up 61%. Likewise an average cremation was £1215 in 2000, it now costs £1954.00 also an increase of 61%...

...Under UK law - provided drains and mains services are not affected and commercial gain is not made - a body can be buried more or less anywhere.
Carboard coffins can cost as little as £55. What's more, the services of undertakers are not mandatory. Families can decide to pick up their loved one in their own vehicle and inter them in their own way - with or without ceremony or religion.
While few mourners opt for a totally DIY funeral - collecting their dearly deceased from the morgue and digging the grave themselves in their own back yard - increasing numbers are choosing the cheaper and more environmentally-friendly alternatives to traditional farewells...

:D :D :D

Sponsored Links
In some crowded areas the idea burying in the upright position as been considered as space saving.

Sponsored Links
tim, they do that already.

my late granny was burried in the same grave as my late grandad.

i knew some one who did a spot of grave digging, he said its quite common husband and wife in same grave, they just dig down till they hit anything solid ish, once one coffin was so rotten, he fell in

yes quite right breezer in the horizontal plane but bernard was talking vertically upright and i was suggesting top to toe ;)

tim west said:
Why bury? a funeral pyre must work out the cheapest

why bury tim why not stick them on the menu on a friday night old sweeney todd got a roring business

BOB.ELOD said:
tim west said:
Why bury? a funeral pyre must work out the cheapest

why bury tim why not stick them on the menu on a friday night old sweeney tdd got a roring business
Um, er...excuse me, um, are you... are you suggesting we should
eat my mother?
(pause)
Yeah. Not raw, not raw. We cook her. She'd be delicious with a few
french fries, a bit of stuffing. Delicious! (smacks his lips)

What! (he stammers)
(pause)
Actually, I do feel a bit peckish - No! NO, I can't!
Look, we'll eat your mum. Then, if you feel a bit guilty about it
afterwards, we can dig a grave and you can throw up into it.

All right.

Monty Python

Sponsored Links
Back