Beko dishwasher top arm not spinning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Beko DFN16210W dishwasher which has started to leave all items in the top rack dirty. Upon closer inspection I have found this to be due to the top arm not rotating. I have taken it off and cleaned it thoroughly, and water freely comes out of the holes but it just does not spin. The bottom arm spins fine and items in the lower basket are all cleaned OK.
From researching this problem it suggests there is a blockage somewhere or the water pressure is not sufficient to spin the arm.
One thing I read on another thread was talk about where the top arm pushes onto the inlet pipe at the back of the dishwasher and the seal may be damaged. Now, I found on the base of the dishwasher a round black soft seal type thing, which seems to fit exactly the size of the inlet pipe. But does it sound like this has come off somewhere and could be causing the issue? I can't fathom out where it should go nor how to attach it, I can't just push it into the pipe hole surely.
Any advice gratefully received. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Try u-tube for an answer on fitting.

It will be worth a try to just push the bit you found into the top arm housing that will be situated on the rear wall of the washer, in line with the arm.

If that bit, probably a flexible seal fails again find another one and fit it.

Ken

Thanks Ken for your reply. Just on that point about pushing it into the top arm housing - yes it's a flexible seal type thing - about the size of a 1p I guess, but exactly the diameter of that top arm housing - I might be being a bit dense here but surely I can't just push it into there, it would just fall down into the pipe wouldn't it? Wouldn't it have to be attached somehow - I can't see how though!
Thanks again.

Further research suggests it could be the inlet valve that is faulty. A suggested test is to wait until the water has supposedly filled and then open the door and pour extra in to see if that forces the required pressure to spin the arm. Will give that a go.

Sponsored Links
would the seal fit on to the top arm, not into the opening in the rear wall? There may be some sort of a stop on the arm so the seal is compressed between top arm stop and back of the machine??

Hi just an update on this - so I purchased a new arm and the first wash - bingo - it was rotating nicely and all the dishes on the top rack were clean - hooray. However since then it has been a bit hit and miss at best - most of the time the top rack is still pretty dirty - even though the arm is rotating. I have tried manually topping up the water after the intake of water at the start of the programme, just in case it's an inlet valve type of issue, but still no joy. It's a real mystery, the bottom rack is totally fine. Does this make it sound more like it may be a faulty water pump, which is possibly just strong enough to do the bottom but not the top? In which case I guess it might be time to get a new dishwasher.

If main filters are block the water cannot circulate quick enough to feed the pump . Unscrew the base filter area and you will probably find it choked with grease deposits .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back