Belling Fan Oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I moved into a new house in January and it had a full fitted kitchen which was great.

However, last week the oven packed it when trying to cook. The fan wasn't working but the oven was hot. I had to get to work so bought take away, threw the food away and went to work.

Then oven is a Belling BI60F if that's any help.

The next morning the oven seemed to be fine, fan spinning, heating up and things seemed.

Last night I tried again, no fan, no heat or nothing. The timer works fine so there's power to it.

I've tried all settings (grill, oven) and nothing is heating up. The fan isn't spinning when I put it on fan setting.

I'm unsure what the problem is so I'm not sure what to order to fix it. I'm a bit unwilling to pay for a whole new oven.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
I was thinking it was something like that, but there's enough power to run the timer and the heating light turns on when I try and heat it up without fan on.

Don't have time to pull it out and take a proper look until Friday. :(

Sponsored Links
Just checking - but I think you are saying that first the fan was not working but the heating element was working and giving out heat and glowing red. Then you tried oven again and the fan was not working and the heating element was not working and not giving out heat and not glowing red.

[Note that the light on the cooker saying that it is 'on' is simply a thermostat light. It will be on until the oven reaches the temperature you set it for. It remains on even if the element is broken.]

If the above is the case then the same happened to you as to me. The fan in mine failed. And then when I tested again because the fan was not on the element overheated and the element failed.

I then used eSpares (there are other companies) and replaced fan and element and all then worked. Suggest first step is look at these companies and their videos and see if your happy to do what they suggest. And also compare the price of the parts with cost of new oven.

SFK

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back