Gas oven "cooling" fan not working.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a Belling Classic 60G model 444443750 Gas oven/hob.
It is a freestanding cooker which is double oven, the top oven being a gas oven and electric grill and the lower one a standard gas oven.
Recently the cooling fan doesn't seem to be kicking in on the lower main oven and I seem to be getting a bit of condensation dripping from the door as it warms up.
The fan kicks in and works fine with the top oven and with the grill.
Any ideas?
Many thanks
Dave

Sponsored Links
Have you got a multi meter ?

You're gonna have to test you have voltage at the fan when the oven is on

Does the fan turn freely when you spin it by hand?

Have you got a multi meter ?

You're gonna have to test you have voltage at the fan when the oven is on

Does the fan turn freely when you spin it by hand?

Thanks for your reply.
The fan turns fine by hand and works fine on the top oven. I'm assuming that there's only one fan but could there be another one tucked away that isn't immediately viable form the rear without taking the rear panel off?
Thanks
Dave

That will teach me for assuming there will be two fans!

I can't find any information on how your fan is wired

So you will have to fault find , you will have to trace the wiring and test it with a multi meter to find the problem.

If you look at the working circuit first then compare it the non working circuit you might get lucky and find an obvious problem

Sponsored Links
That will teach me for assuming there will be two fans!

I can't find any information on how your fan is wired

So you will have to fault find , you will have to trace the wiring and test it with a multi meter to find the problem.

If you look at the working circuit first then compare it the non working circuit you might get lucky and find an obvious problem

Thanks, will do.
Is it controlled by the oven thermostat or is there usually a separate one for the fan?
Cheers
Dave

I would assume the oven thermostat, I'm just guessing but it seems logical

Wish I could help you more but without a wiring diagram I'm stuffed

Someone else might have worked on your oven or failing that throw an email to belling and ask them

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back