Bends and elbows in water supply to combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The water comes into my house in a blue plastic pipe from there it goes through a gate valve, a 90deg elbow, a 6" radius sweep bend and then another two elbows to go under the floor of the downstairs loo. Then from there it passes through several more (maybe 7) elbows before it reaches the combi boiler (W-Bosch 28Cdi). Also before that its tee'd off to feed the upstairs cold and kitchen cold supplies. All of this is in 15 mm copper, .
We don't have a problem with the shower in the upstairs bathroom but i cant help thinking that it could be so much better if the supply to the boiler was smoother. That said if the hot water in the kitchen is used then that reduces the shower to a trickle. We also have a very small shower head which gives a high flow speed rather than a big volume of water. The plumber that fitted the boiler used a weir cup to check the flow at the kitchen tap and said it was ok. I've no reason to distrust him, it just doesn't look right. We also have plans to maybe re-do the bathroom, get rid of the bath and put a shower tray/screen in. The shower btw is a thermostatic mixer with a fixed head and independant of the bath mixer

I'm thinking that I would replumb the whole lot removing most of the tees (bends where possible) and use 22mm up to just short of the boiler and tee off this to supply the upstairs cold and kitchen.
It would be quite a lot of aggro to re-run the pipes including lifting the downstairs loo tiled floor, but would it be worth it?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back