Best Compact Combi Condensing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having a Corgi installer fit a new combi boiler to my extension. What I am trying to find out is are there any condensing combi boilers out there that will fit nicely inside a kitchen cupboard (as my current potterton suprima does). I dont really want the boiler exposed.

Also any suggestions on discount suppliers? I have a small 3 bedroom house that has 2 bathrooms both with thermostatic showers and baths. So what spec would be best to go for? Prefer to ask on here as the plumber charges for his time when he is on site.

many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
If you plan to stay more than 5 years, don't buy a combi that will fit in a kitchen wall unit.

Trust me, you'll know I was right 5 years down the line, perhaps sooner.

if you have 2 bathrooms then you may want decent hot water flow rates. So small may not be the answer. There are storgare combi's on the market or you are into unvented hot water cyclinders. If you are not bothered about the flow rates then there are quite a few combis on the market that are compact. Vaillant, Glow worm, Worcester, remeha, and probably lots more.

Sponsored Links
Anyone any idea what a Biasi Riva Advance HE boiler is like. Lookin at the 35.1kw HE version. If I got it would like to fit it in kitchen base units so its hidden, Any suggestions, comments?

Thanks

Neil

Vaillant 831 ecotec plus i find is a very decent boiler, fits in a cupboard, absolute doddle to service and replace parts. Everything is accessable from the front, so no swearing at it when you`ve no access from the sides. With 2 bathrooms though, i don`t think a combi would be ideal for the job. Cost will be an issue though for unvented. And make sure your corgi man has an unvented ticket if that`s the path you decide to go down.

charliefunkuk said:
Anyone any idea what a Biasi Riva Advance HE boiler is like. Lookin at the 35.1kw HE version. If I got it would like to fit it in kitchen base units so its hidden, Any suggestions, comments?

Thanks

Neil

they are a very cheap boiler. Depends if you want a boiler that is realiable. You usually find that the cheaper boilers are very expensive to repair.

I have installed quite a few biasi boilers in the past but they were in rented properties. I wouldn't have one in my own house to be honest.

There isn't a good combi that fits in a standard 300mm deep wall cupboard.

The Vaillant ecoTEC is 335mm deep. Sure, you can modify the depth of the cupboard if you want, but that is not standard.

Putting a boiler in a base unit is not normally possible because of manufacturer service clearances, which normally take the required height to 1100mm or thereabouts (depending on boiler).

Have you considered a larder unit?

I find that where you come unstuck using a base unit is the condensate drain. If the floor is suspended you have half a chance but pipework and drain must involve some underfloor use. Drain can be pumped or you can dig up outside to 500mm away and install a soakaway, picking up from below ground level inside the house. If there is a window above the base unit then you have to use a boiler with extensive plume management options.

The reason there is a problem in hight is that manufacturers now exclusively use top outlet flues.

There may be an alternative that I am not aware of.

I don't worship the kitchen unit gods. The fronts and sides of boilers look OK to me, as do washing machines etc. It's nice to see the appliances, what and where they are, and it's a lot cheaper to buy them and when the inevitable happens within 5 years replace them.

Unless you are doing the place up to look like a telly program and sell for massive profit, and are hoping to sell to a dipstick, heed my advice.

Just a thought, if you want a high flow rate (and have the incoming water supply to achieve it) try looking at the Bosch Highflow 440. Looks like a dishwasher, designed to fit under a worktop.

We've put in a few of these recently, they are a reasonably well made product.

The flue options are very limited though; and plume diversion isn't compatible.

Check the dimensions of the Gloworm Flexicom, if you can use a rearward flue. It goes out from within the box so reduces the height requirement. QUite good on plume diverting kits too.

The Ideal Isar will fit in your cupboard so I suppose you'll have one of those though it wouldn't get very many votes on this forum.

Simond's suggestion is a good one - the Vokera Linea Max is similar and qualilty should be OK.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back